Berocca Make Every Second Count Challenge Competition
Conditions of Use
Access to and use of this website are subject to the following conditions. Please do not use this website unless you agree with these conditions. This website has been developed by Bayer Ltd. (hereinafter to be referred to as BAYER) and is administrated by the same. We reserve the right to discontinue or to make partial or complete modifications to this website or to the General Conditions of Use, to our General Terms and Conditions, and to our Conditions of Sale and Delivery. Please note that we may make such changes at our own discretion and without prior announcement. We must therefore ask you, next time you visit this website, to view the conditions again and to note any changes or amendments that may have been made.
Surrender of use and benefit
All details, documents and illustrations published on this website are the sole property of BAYER. Any permission to use the same is granted on the proviso that the relevant copyright note is displayed on all copies, that such details are only used for personal purposes, that they are not exploited commercially, that the details are not modified in any way and that all illustrations gained from the website are only used in conjunction with the accompanying text.
Trademarks and Copyright
All trademarks on this website are the property of Bayer, unless otherwise noted or in any other way perceivable as third party rights. Any unauthorized use of these trademarks or other materials is expressly prohibited and constitutes a violation of copyright, trademark law or other industrial property rights.
BAYER has compiled the detailed information provided on this website from internal and external sources to the best of its knowledge and belief, using professional diligence. We endeavor to expand and update this range of information on an ongoing basis. The information on this website is purely for the purpose of presenting BAYER and its products and services. However, no representation is made or warranty given, either expressly or tacitly, for the completeness or correctness of the information on this website. Please be aware that this information although accurate on the day it was published may no longer be up to date. We therefore recommend that you check any information you obtain from this website prior to using it in whatever form.
Advice given on this website does not exempt you from conducting your own checks on our latest advice - particularly our safety datasheets and technical specifications - and on our products, with a view to their suitability for the intended processes and purposes. Should you require any advice or instructions concerning our products or services, please contact us directly. Users of this website declare that they agree to access the website and its content at their own risk. Neither BAYER nor third parties involved in the writing, production or transmission of this website can be held liable for damage or injury resulting from access or the impossibility of access or from the use or impossibility of use of this website or from the fact that you have relied on information given on this website.
Viruses, hacking and other offences
You must not misuse this website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to this website, the server on which this website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to this website. You must not attack this website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use this website will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of this website or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
Websites of third-party vendors/links
This website contains links/references to third-party websites. By providing such links, BAYER does not give its approval to their contents. Neither does BAYER accept any responsibility for the availability or the contents of such websites or any liability for damage or injury resulting from the use of such contents, of whatever form. BAYER offers no guarantee that pages linked to provide information of consistent quality. Links to other websites are provided to website users merely for the sake of convenience. Users access such websites at their own risk. The choice of links should in no way restrict users to the linked pages.
Details supplied by yourself
The user of this website is fully responsible for the content and correctness of details he or she sends to BAYER as well as for the non-violation of any third-party rights that may be involved in such details. The user gives his or her consent for BAYER to store such details and to use the same for the purpose of statistical analysis or for any other specified business purpose, unless the information involves personal details, going beyond master data or usage data. In particular, Bayer is entitled to use the contents of such messages, including ideas, inventions, blueprints, techniques and expertise contained therein, for any purpose, such as the development, production and/or marketing of products or services and to reproduce such information and make it available to third parties without any limitations.
This website is checked, operated and updated by BAYER. It is exclusively intended for use in Ireland. BAYER gives no guarantee that the details presented on this website are also correct in places outside Ireland, and, in particular, that products and services will be available with the same appearance, in the same sizes or on the same conditions. Should you call up this website from a place outside Ireland or download contents from such a place, please note that it is your own responsibility to ensure that you act in compliance with local legislation applicable in that place.
Products mentioned on this website may come in different packaging, in different package sizes, or with different lettering or markings, depending on the country.
In the USA business is conducted by the Bayer Corporation. Customers in the USA are requested to address to one of these entities.
Sale of BAYER Products
Our products are sold in accordance with the current version of our General Conditions of Sale and Delivery.
This website may contain forward-looking statements based on current assumptions and forecasts made by Bayer management. Various known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors could lead to material differences between the actual future results, financial situation, development or performance of the company and the estimates given here. These factors include those discussed in Bayer’s public reports which are available on the Bayer website at http://www.bayer.com/. The company assumes no liability whatsoever to update these forward-looking statements or to conform them to future events or developments.
Terms & Conditions for the Berocca Facebook ‘Make Every Second Count Challenge’ Competition.
- This Berocca Facebook ‘Make Every Second Count Challenge’ competition (the “Competition”) starts at 12.01am on 13 June 2016 and ends at 11.59pm on 31st December 2016. Any entires received after this time will not be valid.
- The Competition is open to residents of the Republic of Ireland aged eighteen (18) years or older at the time of the Competition excluding employees of the Promoter, their families, agents or anyone else connected with the Promoter. No Purchase necessary.
- To enter the Competition, entrants must film themselves completing 1 of the series of random Berocca challenges hosted on the Berocca Make Every Second Count Facebook application. Entrants must upload their videos to the Berocca Make Every Second Count Facebook application within twenty-four (24) hours of completing the challenge. Entries received in a given twenty-four (24) hour period are only eligible to win within that timeframe.
- By entering this Competition, each Entrant warrants that they will not use any prohibited aids, such as automatic robots, scripts, services or other forms of manipulation and represent that their entries are their own fully original creations, and their respective entries will not infringe or violate the rights of any third parties, including but not limited to copyrights, trademarks and/or rights of publicity/privacy.
- Any Entry that contains content that the Promoter, in its sole discretion, considers to be offensive or inappropriate, including, but not limited to, any Entry which the Promoter considers to be disparaging of its products and/or services or is otherwise not in keeping with the spirit of the Competition will not be valid.
- Incomplete, incorrect, indecipherable, or illegible Entries will be deemed invalid at the Promoter’s discretion. The Promoter undertakes to use reasonable efforts to maintain adequate hardware and software service for the Competition and shall not be liable for: late, lost or misdirected Entries or any other software, hardware, network or internet delays, errors or failures.
- Entries will be deemed accepted at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission and may be publically posted on the Berocca Make Every Second Count Facebook application , the Competition Website, Facebook and other social media platforms for an unlimited period of time at the sole discretion of the Promoter.
- Only one entry per person will be accepted. Multiple or third party entries are not permitted. Entries which include incorrect, misleading or fraudulent information may be deemed invalid at the discretion of the Promoter.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the entrants Facebook account or email address, name, proof of age, identity, eligibility to enter and claim prizes and/or other details at any time at its discretion.
- All entries will be screened by PSG Communication to ensure all necessary criteria is met as set out in these terms and conditions. One winner will then be selected every day for twenty-eight (28) consecutive days at random by a member of the Berocca Ireland team.
- The prize is a Sony Smartwatch SmartWatch 3 SWR50 (RRP €245.80). No cash alternative is offered.
- All winners will be notified in writing (by email) and their Entries published on www.makeeverysecondcount.eu (the “Competition Website”) within twenty-four (24) hours of being chosen.
- The winner must validate their entry and provide all contact details required by the Promoter within twenty one (21) days of being notified that they are the winner at which time the prize will be posted to them. In the event that a winner is ineligible to accept, declines or cannot be contacted/ located by the Promoter within twenty one (21) days, a new winner will be selected from the remaining valid entries. Prizes will not be delivered outside the Republic of Ireland.
- The Promoter will not be liable if the prize cannot be taken by a winner for any reason beyond the control of the Promoter.
- Owing to exceptional circumstances outside its reasonable control, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the Competition, prize or these terms and conditions at any stage but will always endeavour to minimise the effect to entrants in order to avoid undue disappointment and will award an alternative to the same value as the original prize should the original prize be unavailable.
- The decisions of the Promoter are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Details of the winner’s names and counties will be available for one month after the close of the Competition by sending a stamped self-addressed envelope and covering letter stating the name and date of the Competition to Berocca Ireland, Bayer Ltd, The Atrium, Blackthorn Road, Dublin 18.
- By entering the competition, each entrant agrees to:
- The Promoter, its agents or relevant third parties using any materials they submit in connection with their entry in any media on a royalty-free basis and to modify and adapt the same; and
- Receive further information on the promotion plus further information and campaign news from Bayer via e-mail and to take part in reasonable promotional activities with regard to this Competition (e.g. interviews).
- Entrants acknowledge that their video entry, first name and/or Facebook profile photograph may be featured on the Berocca Make Every Second Count Facebook application and Competition Website for public viewing for an unlimited period of time. Entrants agree that their Facebook profile, wall and news feed may also be updated by entering the Competition.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to disqualify any Entrant who submits an Entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, tampers with the Entry process or interferes with the Competition.
- The Promoter (including their respective officers, employees and agents) exclude all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including but not limited to, loss of profits and opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Competition. By entering the Competition, Entrants accept all risks associated with their involvement in the Competition and acknowledge that such acceptance is condition precedent to participating in the Competition.
- In no event (including but not limited to act, omission or circumstance) shall the Promoter be responsible or liable for any failure or delay in the performance of its obligations under these Terms & Conditions arising out of or caused by, directly or indirectly, forces beyond its reasonable control, including but not limited to strikes, work stoppages, accidents, or acts of God, and interruptions, loss or malfunctions of utilities, communications or computer (software or hardware) services.
- These terms and conditions will be governed by and construed according to the laws of the Republic of Ireland and references to times are references to the time in the Republic of Ireland.
- Promoter: Bayer Ltd, The Atrium, Blackthorn Road, Dublin 18